- We concluded the basic agreement of preserving heat and power supply during natural disasters and the partnership for faster recovery, with Urasoe city.
- We have been certified as Specified Electricity Transmission and Distribution Business by Agency for Natural Resources and Energy, METI for the energy distribution business around Tedako-Uranishi Station area
- Agency for Natural Resources and Energy, METI has selected our business for “FY2018, Subsidy for utilization and promotion business of Natural Gas for environmentally friendly use (Adaptable facility for disaster recovery)”
- Our 1st Smart City Development Seminar, “Development of Asia Leading City ~Future of Okinawa with Distributed Energy~” has been successfully held
- Our project at Urasoe has been introduced at Youtube Channel of PwC Japan
- Our project outline has been shown on a page of GIO as “FY2017, Subsidy for Local production & consumption promoting business featuring local characters [Energy System model business creation]” page (Japanese Only)
- Groundbreaking Ceremony was held today for our brand-new Urasoe Energy Centre
- Smart City Development Seminar, “Development of Asia Leading City ~Future of Okinawa with Distributed Energy~” on 21st April, 2018 (Japanese Only)
- Capital of the company was increased to 672.5 million JPY (Capital Reserve 672.5 million JPY) from 487.5 million JPY (Capital Reserve 487.5 million JPY)
- Agency for Natural Resources and Energy, METI has selected our business for “FY2017, Subsidy for Local production & consumption promoting business featuring local characters [Energy System model business creation]” (Japanese Only)
- Prof. Shuzo Murakami has took up the post of Advisor of the company (Japanese Only) （178 KB）
- Capital of the company was increased to 487.5 million JPY (Capital Reserve 487.5 million JPY) from 382.5 million JPY (Capital Reserve 382.5 million JPY)
- Established Urasoe Distributed Energy Co., Ltd. (Japanese Only) （524 KB）
- Launched Homepage for Urasoe Distributed Energy Co., Ltd.
Urasoe Distributed Energy Co., Ltd. is leading smart city development though public-private partnership, to create sustainable town (smart city) by energy supply including electricity, and heat, and hot-spring, as well as energy management.
The objective of Urasoe Distributed Energy Co., Ltd.
Urasoe Distributed Energy Co., Ltd. was established on 20 December 2016 as a joint investment by Urasoe Smart City Infrastructures Development Co., Ltd., Smart Energy Investment LLC and Okinawa Gas Co., Ltd. Further more, we have also accepted additional capital funding from The Bank of Okinawa Ltd. to ensure we implement a fair and neutral management structure, as well as to strengthen our financing ability. We are planning to further strengthen our financial capacity in the near future.
We will be commencing the distributed energy supply business which includes provision of electricity, heating, hot springs, as well as energy management services around the Tedako Ura Nishi Station development area in Spring 2019, in line with the opening of the new town development. Urasoe Distributed Energy Co., Ltd’s headquarters, the Energy Center, will be also built in this area.
Following the opening of Tedako Ura Nishi Monorail station in Spring 2019, we will be supplying eco-friendly electricity, heat and cooling systems, and hot springs to the various entities and facilities in the area, thereby contributing to the Japanese government’s CO2 emission reduction target as per the Paris Agreement, COP21. In addition, we will also be providing cost efficient energy to domestic households in the area.
||Urasoe Distributed Energy Co., Ltd.
||20 December 2016
||487.5 million JPY (Capital Reserve 487.5 million JPY)
||Urasoe Smart City Infrastructures Development Co., Ltd.
Smart Energy Investment LLC
Okinawa Gas Co., Ltd.
The Bank of Okinawa, Ltd.
||Tadashi Kamiyama: President, Representative Director
||Hideto Takamoto: Technical Management in charge
Tsukasa Matayoshi: Administration Management in charge
||Professor, Shuzo Murakami
||17-11, 4 Chome, Jicchaku, Urasoe, Okinawa Prefecture
Access & Contact
Address: 5F Riuen Lease Building, 17-11, 4 Chome, Jicchaku, Urasoe, Okinawa Prefecture , 901-2122
TEL: +81 (0)98-894-8962 FAX: +81 (0)98-894-8963